My original posting prediction has proven true. Here goes occasional update number two.
I’ve started my upper class ensemble. I decided to go with Simplicity 3782 as a starter. Like any person with an overzealous creative streak, I’ve strayed from the instructions – out of spite, I think. I will post a dress diary when it’s complete or when I get stuck and need perspective, but for right now, I’m taking it one day at a time. I’ve completed the machine stitching part (minus any trim) of the bodice, and I decided to go with hand-sewn eyelets instead of grommets (ocs). It’s coming together, but I have to wait for tonight’s biweekly sewing stipend (aka: not wedding funds or living expenses cash that I used to spend on fast food) to hit the account so that I can pick up trim and a few odds and ends. I’ve also, rather unthinkingly, decided to take up crochet again and make knee-high socks (it seemed like a good idea at the time).
Thank you for reading!