Instead of doing nothing, as previously planned yesterday, I found something to sew. I made a hideous interpretation of bloomers from Simplicity 2777–the pattern was fine, but I cut up the nightmare smock and used fabric remnants in addition to screwing up the waistband and leaving out the ruffles. Happy thought: They’re bloomers; no one will see them.
Now that faire is here and the major creations are done, I have the option of claiming my evenings for other hobbies or continuing to sew through the season. I do have some odds and ends to work on–minor gown adjustments, gussying up the lower class ensemble, making a lower class doublet for the husband, getting motivated to work on the doublet gown BEFORE October arrives, but we’ll see how August progresses. I will likely sew anyway.
Thanks for stopping by!