Smock is done – yay! It fits a bit off because of the gathering at the collar. I didn’t space the neck gussets appropriately, so most of the gathering is at the back. Oh, well. It’s not unbearable yet. I put everything on for a fitting so that I can start the gown this week–smock, corset #1, farthingale #2, prom-dress-converted-to-kirtle–and it went beautifully. Tomorrow’s goal is to hem the kirtle and shorten the straps an inch or so.
I still have it in my head to make something new for this weekend, but I am slowly convincing myself to settle for sleeves to match my lower class bodice. It’s getting chilly.
Thanks for reading!