So, yesterday, I finished the pseudo-flatlining job on the skirt panels. Since I was using remnants, piecing was necessary, and i really didn’t have it in me to do it perfectly. I certainly won’t be wearing the skirt inside-out, so I’m not concerned with the lining. I interfaced and slipstitched the front panel flaps, and I pinned the first two panels for stitching tonight. I went through my stash looking for the gingham ribbon I used for my last cartridge pleating adventure, but I apparently used it all. So, I need to run out for that and belt stiffener (first time for that) after today’s activities, then run home to get the panels together before it’s too late to run the machine.
I had more or less promised myself that I’d make sleeves for my peasant bodice after dropping the idea of a quick and dirty gown for MDRF. That ain’t gonna happen. It’s all about making progress on this Lady Corvina project. I will, however, find something warm to throw over my shoulders while we’re walking around, since it’s not quite cool enough for the cloak yet.
Thanks for stopping by; here’s to a quick day.