Mid-week update

My Margo Tudor pattern arrived today! I’m trying to stay focused, but I want to dig in to the manual so badly!

The buckle that I ordered for the husband’s Halloween costume also arrived today.  It’s the perfect size for the design that I have planned, and it’s a good weight.  I originally looked for a darker gold, but I think the bright, finished metal will stay truer to the S-Shield, which is yellow.  That’s another project that I can’t wait to get started on.

For today, I am still wary of sizing on the doublet bodice.  I put together the interlining pieces as a secondary mock-up to test the canvas mock-up’s alterations.   I have decided to go with my mock-ups, which may not be exactly correct in fit for the style, but they fit me, and that’s something.  I’m tired of agonizing over it, and I know that I can dart and trim over any fixes that I may need to make down the road.  I just want this thing done.  I combined the side and front-side pieces, and I’ll be altering the original design, making the bodice entirely out of the flashy fabric.  The black that I used in the skirt will still be the base fabric for the Spanish sleeves, and I’ll use the flashy fabric remnants as trim.  If it really turns out that bad, I’ll turn it into a regular bodice…or bury the evidence.  Amidst the chaos that I am currently experiencing with the bodice, I need to decide on a design for the attifet.  I hope genius strikes tonight.

Thanks for reading.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s