Sunday quickie

Well, I got work done, but I’m not confident in the quality of said “work”.  I got up to binding the armholes in my doublet and I cut the tabs for the shoulders and waist.  I also put together the lining pieces.  However, the fit of the doublet seems worse than before I decided to cut the fashion fabric pieces.  At this point, I’m going to do some fitting.  Hopefully, I can fix whatever I’ve screwed up with out the need for major surgery.  I chose a layer of canvas and a layer of cotton duck for flatlining and I took out the linen completely.  The boning casings are black twill, and the straight lines of gold on the front facing look nice.

I did figure out why my machine hates me, and I found a fix.  The piece I’ll call the tension arm is where my thread kept slipping out, causing the machine to spaz.  I took a small piece of tape and put it over the place on the arm where the thread is fed through.  Now, the thread can’t slip out, and I can stop yelling at and pleading with the machine.

Oh, and the husband installed a shelf over my machine for books and bric-a-brac.  The floor is slightly less cluttered, and I can stop searching for my books.

Looking forward to a low-stress week.  Thanks for reading.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s