So, I was going through my supplies the other day and, while sorting my craft receipts from the last three years, I noticed line items for fabric that I forgot I had. I went through the fabric bins and got motivated enough to start taking stock on bundles I need for my MA Tudor. During the expedition, I got distracted and pulled out brown vinyl (faux leather for my purposes), plum gauze, and embroidered, iridescent green polyester (I assume). If we decide to attend RenCon in April, this will be the beginning of super cute fantasy garb. I started making a cropped chemise from the gauze this evening, and I hope to do a strapless bodice from the green, bound with strips of the vinyl. The two pieces won’t be worn together, but they’ll start as a jumping off point for two low-stress outfits. I’m considering some sort of light and flowy split front skirt and bloomers for the bodice, and a cropped bodice with a tiered skirt for the chemise. I did find out that I only need lining for the Tudor–I have everything else and can get started whenever I’m ready. I also gave a good look to the wool that’s still leftover from my cloak–it’s begging to be a fitted kirtle.
Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. Odds & Ends has been updated with more sleeved-blanket pictures–two left to make.