Faire opens tomorrow!

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, I’m so excited!  It’s been a mad dash since my last post to get little things done.  I fixed the hem issues on the upper class gown.  I attached fasteners to the underskirt and a new set to my peasant skirt.  I made a peasant bodice, not quite completing the planned overhaul, but good enough to wear.  [I still want to add trim to the skirt and make a new chemise.] I made a hat to wear with the upper class gown (a nightmare), and I pulled together some jewelry pieces out of assorted buttons and plastic pearls.  I’m currently working on sleeves to match the upper class forepart, and today I might make a caul to go under the hat.  Dress diaries will be updated once I can sleep again.

Thanks for your time!

Advertisements

Done-ish

If there were a faire to attend tomorrow, I could wear my gown with a minimum of self-battery.  The skirts are hemmed, the trim has been sewn on, it looks like a gown.  I would like to sew a lining along the bottom to keep the fray in check, and I need to fix an issue with the skirt’s modesty flap.  I’ll update the dress diary this evening.  Obviously, accessories will be in line after that.  I’m thinking about a snood and flat cap, possibly some button jewelry, and the forepart’s matching sleeves if I get to them.  I was finally able to order Margo Anderson patterns, and I can’t wait to see what I can incorporate!

Thanks for checking in!