Back on track

The golden gown project for opening day is back in full swing.  The corset was successfully completed, and I will start the project journal for the ensemble shortly.  For the moment, I have decided to use the disaster smock–with the corset on, I can pull up the opening well enough.  The extra fabric is not bothersome, and I may attach lace to the sleeves to make them seem longer.  I have also changed the previously one-piece underskirt and forepart (Simplicity 3782) into an underskirt for detachable foreparts.  The embroidered silk forepart for the project at hand pretty on its own, so I just need to add snaps for now.  I started the overskirt, and will resume tomorrow after a trip out for notions.  I am a bit intimidated by cartridge pleating, but we’ll see how it goes.  I hope to start the bodice next week.

As an unimportant side note, I am renaming some of the project titles.

Thanks for reading!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s