I hunkered down in front of the TV tonight and finished my green bodice – pictures to come. I was proud of myself for finding a complimentary color of cording to lace the bodice, but when I tried it on tonight, I found that it’s not long enough to tie. Drat! I’ll find something pretty. Now I’m torn on finding something to wear with the blasted thing. I have enough left over to make a weird overskirt sort of thing, but I just can’t justify it yet. I’m still stuck on making a cute little pair of bloomers–I’d have to find cotton broadcloth in the right color for the backside and use the remaining embroidered fabric for the front. Decisions, decisions.
I’m currently planning a trip to Jomar’s for test fabric for the prom dress…and whatever else I can find.
Thanks for stopping by!
UPDATE 2/03/10: The bodice post is on the Small Projects/Pattern Reviews page.